Saturday, July 21, 2007

Google hurts but Secular Value still outperforms on tough day

Thankfully Google is only about 3% of my total -- otherwise today might have been ugly. How did I outperform by 26 basis points today? 1. Asia -- my funds were flat to up. 2. Energy -- not down as much or in some cases up. 3. low beta stocks like TECH, FDS, etc, actually worked. 4. NVT was up today -- I think the GPS world is having a strong quarter.

Google's stock was up about 70-90 points since mid May -- or just 2 months ago. Could it be that expectations just got a little ahead of reality? Sounds good to me. As far as the business goes, how many $12 bill (rough annualization) company's do you know growing revenues 58%? exactly -- not many. Conference call remained bullish -- I think the universal search is interesting -- I know I did a search recently and ended up reading through a few pages of a book trying to get my answer. I think its going to be a big deal over time -- and its hard to do so I think Google's head start will help. Google takes the pause that refreshes and goes to new highs either later this year or early next year.

No comments: