Monday, May 12, 2008

still here

I realize its hard to believe but I'm still here. only 9 days since my last post -- that sucks. I'm hoping this week will be better. This will have to be a short one too -- running late for work.

The big story for me last week was UEPS earnings -- everything is going great for this one except they have a major contract up for bid with the south african gov -- the total value of the contract for the next 5 years is 2 billion. UEPS is bidding on all of that as well as just parts. UEPS already serves this market so the market is nervous about them losing revenues or margins under a new contract. I think everything will balance out -- maybe not as good as now but they have so many growth opportunities that a little drop in their SA business won't slow them down too bad. I expect they could easily earn $5 per share in 2013 (5 years out) and sell for 20x earnings. not bad given the stock is only 26.

more later.

No comments: