Wednesday, October 31, 2007

latest thoughts

As you can see I spend lots of time coming up with titles for these notes -- today's is especially eloquent huh? NOT. Anyway, life around here has been busy -- on non-investing matters such as family. That is what is most important but it doesn't do much for you the reader. I'm going to be busy for the next few days too so I don't know that I will post again before the weekend.

Ok, so that took up most of the time I have available before work (employer blocks my access to my own blog! the nerve -- expecting me to actually do my work like that!) so I guess I will try to post again soon.

one quick thought -- DFR DCM deal -- great that they are going to try to renegotiate. would be bad if they don't do the deal -- externally managed REITs sell at lower valuations because investors understand the conflicts of interest and assume the worst (i.e. that management is not acting in the best interests of the REIT). Why hasn't the stock taken off post dividend announcement? because they have some flexibility to pay a big dividend once or twice -- people are likely waiting for the earnings to get a sense of future earnings power plus liquidity.

No comments: